Gift Aid is a valuable source of extra income for the Burford Singers, and we encourage members and patrons to Gift Aid their subscriptions or donations. The Charity is currently able to reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 of eligible donation.
However there are certain conditions which have to be met if you make a Gift Aid declaration, in order for the amount to be transferred to the Burford Singers by HMRC:
- You must be UK taxpayer.
- The amount of Gift Aid to be claimed back by the Burford Singers must not exceed the amount you have paid or will pay in tax, whether Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax, in the period specified by you on the declaration.
- If the amount of Gift Aid to be claimed back exceeds what you have paid in tax, you may be liable to repay the difference to HMRC.
In making the Gift Aid declaration, please ensure that you include:
- The name of the charity
- Your name and home address
- The gift(s) to which the declaration relates
- Confirmation that that the identified gifts are to be treated as Gift Aid donations.
You may give your Gift Aid declaration:
- In advance of your donation
- At the time of the donation
- At any time after the donation, subject to the normal time limit within which tax can be reclaimed.
If your declaration is future donations, you should inform us if:
You want to cancel the donation.
- You change your name or home address.
- You no longer pay sufficient tax on your income/capital gains.
If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
Finally, the Burford Singers would like to thank you for taking the trouble to make a Gift Aid donation. You are making a significant contribution to the financial health of the choir.